FACTS & FIGURES
The Buerger Center will be the nation’s most advanced center for pediatric outpatient care.
|Expected patient visits per year:||More than 200,000|
|Size:||Initially, 12 floors and 700,000 square feet. In the future, four more floors (another 175,000 square feet) can be added by building vertically.|
|Location:||Civic Center Boulevard. and East Service Drive, adjacent to the Ruth and Tristram Colket Jr. Translational Research Building|
|Parking:||Underground garage with approximately 1,500 parking spaces|
|Sustainability:||Planned LEED® Silver certification from the U.S. Green Building Council|
|Opening Dates:||2015 (garage, first floor, and clinical levels 2-5); 2017 (clinical levels 6 and 7)|
- Clinical neighborhoods that group together related specialties.
- 2.6-acre landscaped outdoor plaza.
- 14,000-square-foot roof garden.
- “Wait. Play. Learn.” areas for educational play before and between appointments.
- Dining area on first floor.
- Welcome center with Kosher pantry.
- New physical therapy gym.
- New Alex Scott Day Hospital, surrounded with windows for natural light.
- Intuitive design for easy way-finding.
- Paperless facility with fully integrated electronic medical records.
Architect of Record, Medical Planning and Clinical Interiors —
Building Exterior and Public Spaces —
Graphics & Wayfinding, and Interior Design —
2011Excavation and preparation of the site
2012Parking garage/plaza construction begins
2013Building construction begins
2015Levels 1-5 open to patients and visitors
2017Levels 6 & 7 open to patients and visitors